The customer are using the File Screening feature in Windows 2003 R2, and would like to have the templates, file groups and file screens on the new 2008R2 cluster.
To do this migration, you have to have at least one cluster disk in your 2008R2 cluster.
- Start command prompt and do the following commands
- filescrn filegroup export /path:C:\temp\filegroupname.xml /filegroup:NameOfFilegroupToExport
- filescrn template export /path:C:\temp\templatename.xml /filegroup:NameOfTemplateToExport
If you know try to import these files into 2008R2, you'll get the following error message:
The version of the configuration file you are trying to import is not supported.
You cannot import configuration files with database versions earlier than 2.0.
To resolve this, open the .xml files you exported and change the
You are now able to import the files on the 2008R2 server.
To import on 2008R2, do as follow:
- Start command prompt and do the following commands:
- filescrn filegroup import /path:C:\temp\filegroupname.xml /filegroup:NameOfFilegroup
- filescrn template import /path:C:\temp\templatename.xml /filegroup:NameOfTemplate
All you have to do now is to create the screening rules, associate a template to a volume, and your good to go.
After this configuration has been made, do a cluster failover and verify that the configuration is correct on the other nodes in the cluster.