As we all know, Microsoft has statet that they don't want to create a new Transporter Suite which was shipped for Exchange 2007 to support Exchange 2010. We have chosen to use the Transporter Suite, but to do this in a supported way, we installed a Exch2007 Mailbox /CAS server.
My customer uses the Notes connector for Directory import with a partner, and are not used for migration between Notes and Exchange.
To use the Transporter Suite in a Exchange 2010 environment for directory syncronization, you have to do as follow:
- Install an Exchange 2007 server holding MBX and HUB or CAS in your environment.
- Install Lotus Notes version 7.1 or higher (I used 8.x) in "this user only". Transporter Suite does not like multiple notes.ini files
- Make sure your server can do name resolution to Notes server, and that the ports are open.
- Create a new connector with the settings you want regarding notes server, Notes addressbook name, domain name, what to syncronize to Notes.
- Get GUID from legacy connector (powershell)
- Get GUID from new connector (powershell)
- Delete legacy Notes Connector from AD (Adsiedit.msc)
- Create a OU where you want the users to be created in AD. If you do an upgrade from Exchange 2003 skip this.
- Give the computer account running the Transporter Suite Account Operator permissions / FC on the OU where notes contacts should be created
- If your Notes hosts multiple SMTP domains, you have to edit the file dominotoexchangerules.tbl. This file does some matching against the SMTP domain you specify on your connector. If the SMTP domain does not match, you get a lot of Notes users with primary SMTP addresses with / and % which gives a lot of errors. If the match failes, it adds the Notes internal address and adds the domain specified which gives you for sure an unsupported SMTP address.
I changed the following fields to just put the Notes InternetEmailAddress as primary SMTP on the Contact object.
- Run Full import to AD and Full Import to Notes
- Only neccary if you are upgrading legacy connector:
Run the following command to upgrade/ take overship of existing Connector contacts:
Start-DominoDirectoryConnector -Identity newconnectorGUID -TakeOwnership -LegacyConnectorID
- All your Notes Contacts should now ha primary e-mail as a legal SMTP address, and not notes user id or notes interal address.
- Uninstall Notes connector tool on Exchange 2003.
This is my solution to using Transporter Suite in Exchange 2010 environment.