Friday, November 12, 2010

MapiExceptionNoSupport: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed hr=0x80040102, ec=-2147221246

These last couple of days I've been migrating a customer from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 SP1.
All users were moved successfully, except one. On this user we got some strange error messages in the move-requeststatistics command and on the HUB transport responsible for the move.
The complete error message is posted at the bottom.

On this user the move-request failed after just some MB, and the troubleshooting begun.
These are the steps I took:
  • Use Exmerge on 2003 for .pst migration - Failed. The error message in the exmerge logfile is as follow:
    Error copying messages from folder '\Inbox' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) [22:14:27] Trying to copy messages in folder '\Inbox', individually. To avoid duplicates in the target store, messages will be merged and not copied into the target store. [22:14:27] Error getting Contents Table. (CopyMessagesToDestFolder)
  • Migration to another Exchange 2003 mailbox store - OK
  • Migration to Exchange 2010, gives the error message below.
  • Export to .pst from Outlook - OK
The solution for me was to use PFDAVAdmin and to reset the DACL on the mailbox. Tried the Check DACL state, before the Fix, and it said it was ok. But apparently not.


When the DACL was reset, the move-request went successfull.

Complete Error message:
Request domain.fqdn/OU/name' (f71639ea-0868-4527-b71e-7b6311359e98) failed.
Error code: -2147221246
MapiExceptionNoSupport: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed (hr=0x80040102, ec=-2147221246)
Diagnostic context:
Lid: 55847 EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc called [length=470]
Lid: 43559 EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc returned [ec=0x0][length=645][latency=0]
Lid: 23226 --- ROP Parse Start ---
Lid: 27962 ROP: ropFXDstCopyConfig [83]
Lid: 27962 ROP: ropTellVersion [134]
Lid: 27962 ROP: ropFXDstPutBufferEx [157]
Lid: 17082 ROP Error: 0x80040102
Lid: 31329
Lid: 21921 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 27962 ROP: ropExtendedError [250]
Lid: 1494 ---- Remote Context Beg ----
Lid: 1238 Remote Context Overflow
Lid: 32762 dwParam: 0x3FD60040
Lid: 30106 StoreEc: 0x471
Lid: 18842 StoreEc: 0x471
Lid: 20234
Lid: 3625 StoreEc: 0x471
Lid: 25066
Lid: 21970 StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x668F0040
Lid: 21970 StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x674A0014
Lid: 21970 StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x36138000
Lid: 31473 StoreEc: 0x8004010F
Lid: 39287
Lid: 17916 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 32252 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 7915 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 20320
Lid: 4559 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 21802
Lid: 19994 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 20202
Lid: 3305 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 32762 dwParam: 0x3FE00102
Lid: 32762 dwParam: 0x675C0102
Lid: 32762 dwParam: 0x67510003
Lid: 26346
Lid: 4073 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 28570 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 29738
Lid: 3401 StoreEc: 0x80040102
Lid: 1750 ---- Remote Context End ----
Lid: 26849
Lid: 21817 ROP Failure: 0x80040102
Lid: 22630
Context:
--------
Operation: IMapiFxProxy.ProcessRequest
OpCode: TransferBuffer
DataLength: 404
--------
Operation: IMapiFxProxy.ProcessRequest
OperationSide: Target
Primary (f71639ea-0868-4527-b71e-7b6311359e98)
OpCode: TransferBuffer
DataLength: 404

3 comments:

ktell said...

Good on ya, Rune! You just made my day!!

I got that MapiExceptionNoSupport, found your post, downloaded the PFDAVAdmin tool, ran it (the default fix as you hinted to did not resolve my issue) - but running the Check DACL State reported "Missing Anonymous" on a few folders etc. so I manually granted Anonymous to the folders, rss feeds etc., committed, then re submitted the local move request and Wallah!

You da man!!! (PS only 3 Google results on that error)

A&A said...

Rune, thanks a lot for your post, really saved my day. However I was unsuccessful in Fix folder DACLs (no error, just didn't help), so I had to remove all folder-level permissions (you do it with PFDAVAdmin, Tools - Bulk Operations). It is also possible to export permissions, and import them back to mailbox after migration to Ex2010 with help of Ex-Folders (sort of PFDAVAdmin upgrade by MS)

Narendra said...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579051